It's funny how things that are happening in your life change your outlook on every thing else. Last school year I felt like I was in a funk. ALL year long I was exhausted, unhappy and cried. A LOT. That's what all 27 year olds are supposed to do, right? I wanted to come home after school, shut the door behind me, put on my pj's, grab a bag of chips and lay on the couch until it was time for bed.
It was not a good thing for my thighs, hips, butt, gut, etc.
There weren't really any big changes except I wasn't happy at my job. I know. Poor, pitiful me. I know I have a good life, but I spent more time at school than I spent out side of school. I had a rambunctious group last year, to say the least, and I just wasn't happy. I looked in to changing careers, and I swore I wouldn't step foot back in the school building this year.
I had a bad attitude about everything...not just school. EVERYTHING. I didn't want to work out. I gained weight and wanted to yell inappropriate things at everyone because apparently being unhappy causes my filter go missing occasionally. I stopped blogging, stopped running, stopped doing the little things.
Here I am 5 1/2 weeks in to the first semester. I'm happy, haven't cried about school (yet) and I don't sit in my car until the last possible minute before the bell rings. I don't know if it's the group of kids that I have that are making my day much more enjoyable or if I just went in to the year with a different attitude, but I'm so thankful that I stuck with it. I love my job, and I love seeing the difference in all of my kiddos from the beginning of 4th grade to the end. I know things aren't always going to be peachy, but it's amazing how different my outlook is on life with a positive attitude.
I turned 28 last Wednesday. TWENTY FLIPPIN' EIGHT. And celebrated with my girlfriends.
I'm thinking (hoping) this will be the best year yet!
Now for some changes.
1. fix my blog. obviously "And I ran...why?" doesn't really work. Let's be honest. I haven't been running and all I will do is give you a million excuses as to why. and, I don't want this to be just about running.
2. blog regularly. I know I have said this so many times, but I do miss it. Thank goodness for several of you who are my facebook and twitter friends so I can keep stalking you.
3. find a good ipad app to read blog posts. Suggestions??
4. surround my self with people who are more positive. Attitudes are so contagious. (pretty sure i have heard that lecture a few times.)
5. find a race to run away from west texas. if I'm going to spend the money and get my butt kicked, I want to go somewhere interesting with gorgeous scenery.