1. I have been more frustrated about my job in the last few months than I ever have. The stress of helping my students to meet the grade level requirements has gotten to me.
2. I'm not exactly where I thought I would be when I was 27. Like most people, I thought I would be married and have a family, but I'm about as far away from that as possible. (according to a "friend", I'm now at the age where it's not an option for me to be picky...I just need to take what I can get and be happy with it.) <----I'm sorry you feel that way.
3. I have been financially frustrated. Who isn't? I found out almost 2 months ago that my house payment is going up about $216 a month starting May 1 because of some changes in insurance and taxes going up. FABULOUS. It doesn't necessarily put me in a bind, but it will prevent me from doing some of the things I would like. grrr.
4. I'm not happy with myself. I have gained weight and my pants got too tight. I can't use the "I can't work out because of my foot" excuse anymore. When I don't do some kind of working out I feel like crap.
I'm pretty sure that I had my family worried about me as well as my teaching partners at school. I just haven't been my happy, sarcastic, stubborn self and something had to be done about it. One of the smartest guys I know reminded me to remember all of the things I have to be thankful for. The good things definitely outweigh the bad, it's just hard to remember that sometimes.
So - with the list I made earlier...
1. I'm so thankful for the love and laughter my students bring to me at school.
They seriously crack me up on a daily basis. I never know what's coming out of their mouth but it usually makes me laugh. Even when I get asked if I think I nag too much. grrrr. hahaha. And my FAVORITE part is when the students I had last year walk by my room and stop to give me a hug and ask to come back to 4th grade to be with me. aww. love them!
2. Although sometimes I get frustrated, I'm pretty okay with not being married and having the white picket fence right now. Especially when I sign on Facebook and my newsfeed is COVERED with baby mama drama and people trash talking their exes.
3. I'm 27. I live in my own house. I drive a nice car. I travel with my friends. I can buy myself things I want even if it means I have to save up for a couple months. I can afford to do a lot of things that most people can't.
4. I have started running again. Garmin free, pace free running. I have missed it soo much.
I still struggle, but knowing that summer is coming is helping me get through. ; ) And messages like thist that help me stay sane...
What is your go-to thing when you're stressed?